Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thursday 1/7/10: Don't be afraid to stock up

If you see a great sale and have multiple coupons for an item, don't be afraid to get a bunch of them. I tend to shy away from getting a lot of one item because I know someone who goes to the store and buys 2 cans of canned milk to make potatoes, just in case there isn't any left, then uses 1, and does the same thing the next time she makes potatoes. Result- her pantry is full of cans of canned milk and a dozen other items she does the same thing with. But as I've gotten to know how much things that I buy and use cost, and how often they go on sale and/or appear in the coupons, I know that when a big sale comes along I need to take advantage of it. This has happened before with Wanchai Ferry and Romano Grill box meal-helpers. I ended up with 4 each, and we ate them over a period of about 2 months, but I got them at a ridiculous price (about 70% off), and that kind of sale hasn't come up since and we used them all. Skintimate shave gel is my favorite--I'd much rather use it than the store brand, but can't bring myself to pay the retail price for it when the store brand is so much cheaper. So when a sale/coupon combo allowed me to get them for $1 each, I got 4. That'll last me 6 months--I still have 2 on the shelf--but I'll use them all, and again, the sale hasn't happened since. When a great price comes along, it's a waste of future money NOT to stock up, if you have enough coupons to make it worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment