Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday, 11/20/09: Watch coupon rules-sizes and weights

Another reason a store might reject your coupon is if you haven't purchased the right size or weight of the product. For example, right now I have a coupon for Reynolds foil because I may need some soon. But, it's only good for certain sizes (the larger ones, actually, which is typical). Now, at my grocery store they won't usually catch or refuse a coupon because of the size. They're in too much of a hurry and they remember seeing the item, so they override it and move on. But to me that's dishonest so I try not to do it, and at your store they might be a little more careful about it. Again, you may end up in a situation where you're tempted to say, "Oh go ahead and get it anyway," in which case you've paid more than you wanted to and the coupon failed your purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment