Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday 11/7/09: Clip what you'll use

Ok, so you've got your papers, you've taken out the grocery & drug store sale ads and coupon inserts (and hopefully recycled the rest), now what?

As you go through, it takes some discipline and time to cut the right coupons. Refuse to clip coupons for things you know you won't need or want. I do not use disposable razors. I can't stand them. So, even though you can get them for free sometimes, I never clip those coupons. My husband doesn't use shaving gel. I have a migraine sensitivity to anything strongly-scented, so I don't use candles or continual air fresheners. I don't like to keep desserts in the house, so unless it's a special occasion I don't buy cookie mixes or frozen pies.

Remember, as great as coupons can be, they're still a marketing ploy to get you to buy something. Saving 40% still means you spent 60%.

No comments:

Post a Comment