Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday 11/8/09: Beware of "buy one get one"

As I look through the paper today, my tip is about looking through sale papers. I know it's hard to believe (lol) but sale papers are designed to get you to spend money. Everything is a ploy for companies to make money. They're counting on you not being one of the few who knows how to turn everything to your financial advantage... which I know you can do! So on the front page of the CVS insert, I find out that Loreal lip color is buy one, get one. Plus there are coupons for $1. I have two because I bought two papers. So I can get 2 lipsticks for $3.99 ($5.99, plus one free, - $2 in coupons). This is a really good deal for Loreal lipstick. If you wear lipstick. I have to admit I'm very tempted by this deal, but I wear lipstick perhaps once a month, and anything I need, my lipstick-addict mom can supply me with. So if I take advantage of this great deal, I've just spent $4 I didn't need to spend.

Don't get sucked in to the marketing ploys!

No comments:

Post a Comment