Monday, December 28, 2009

My Review of Playtex Breast Milk Storage Set

Originally submitted at Toys R Us

It's the most convenient way to store breast milk!

  • Guaranteed to be leak-free
  • Pump, store and feed in one liner
  • No pouring, no clean up
  • Freezer safe
    What could be easier? There's no spilled breast milk or extra bottles to wash. Pl...


  • Great if you exclusively use PT bottles

    By Sarita la profesora from KY on 12/28/2009

     

    4out of 5

    Pros: Easy To Use, Safe For Baby, Durable, Easy To Clean

    Best Uses: Breastfeeding, Infants

    Describe Yourself: First Time Parent

    I've used this system to store breastmilk for 7 months and continue to use it. I bought 2 packages so I have 2 adapters that fit my Medela pump, and 12 storage caps that I reuse and reuse. The convenience of being able to pump directly into the liner was not a huge benefit to me, because I don't usually pump enough to store at one time--at the beginning because I was pumping after nursing so didn't pump much, and now because I store 6 oz at a time and almost never pump that much. The convenience is good if you're going to use Playtex bottles exclusively, but someone gave us Walmart bottles, and baby girl decided she also liked Gerber Nuk bottles. If you're using another bottle, don't bother with this--buy the Lansinoh bags. If you freeze the Lansinoh bags flat, they thaw in 3-4 minutes. These store with the milk in a cylinder, obviously, and they're a pain to thaw. They take forever to warm in my experience. But if you pump a lot and only use PT bottles, it's a good system.

    (legalese)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment